Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You'll Come Visit Me, Won't You?

Here goes {deep breathe...}: this will be my last post here at Nothing Elegant. I know this might seem as though it is coming out of nowhere, but it is something I have been thinking over for the past few weeks. I have loved this blog so much-- it has given me much more than I ever imagined. It has given me new friends, a keener eye, a place for creativity and expression, and a stronger voice. But, as my dissertation looms, I feel as though I need to focus my attention more strategically. This blog has allowed me to explore and open up about all of my varying and divergent interests, but now I feel the need for something a bit more specialized. That is why I am starting a new website: The Fin de Siecle, devoted to late Victorian art, literature, and culture. I have a feeling that most of my readers here at Nothing Elegant will like the new site (I hope!). And I truly hope you will stop by, check it out, and visit often. I also have a new Facebook page and Twitter page for the site -- come visit me there, too!

I want to thank all my readers and fellow bloggers who have encouraged me, inspired me, and made me feel like part of a vibrant, intelligent, creative community (you know who you are!). I truly hope you will follow me on my new venture....

::Check me out here now! Tell me what you think. (And I will still be checking the comments here from time-to-time, too!).


Cheers!
Tara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad to hear this, but excited about the new site, it looks amazing!all the best, and thankyou for oodles of inspiration on Nothing Elegant xxx

Wicked Halo said...

Good luck on your new endeavor, I'm also on tumblr, so I'm following you and I look forward to your new efforts :)

Maggie said...

Oh dear. I'm going to miss this blog so much. Good luck on this new venture!

Unknown said...

It's a shame to see you go, but I totally understand feeling the need for change. You gotta grow! Good luck in your new endeavors and thank you for sharing Nothing Elegant with us.

Seraph + Splendor said...

We just wanted to let you know how much we have enjoyed this blog!!! Thanks again for the opportunity to participate in the Blogger Manifesto! Your new project looks fabulous - we are linking it to our page as we speak! Again, best of luck.
S+S